Over three years ago, an incredible group of families connected, as we were all DTC in January of 2006. We learned many of us were along the east coast, and had several gatherings along the way. It merged into a small group of about 14 families that have continued their adoption journey together. Though we shared different LID dates in close proximity, due to the wait ,it meant that some of us would travel almost 10 months later. But no worries we all stuck together and lived the anxiety of those still waiting, and the joys of those able to become families sooner.
This past weekend we finally had our reunion now that all of us had are babies. Mei-Li had been the last one to join us, but she was welcomed just the same. We had a weekend on Amelia Island, Florida. And in regular red couch tradition, we decided to dress up the girls in similar outfits and take pictures on the beach during sunset. Originally we all planned on wearing white dresses for the girls and white and khaki for the adults. But two wonderful ladies provided green ladybug dresses which were just adorable, and white ribbon dresses. Kudos to Stephe & Kathy and many thanks. Now what on earth made us think we could get 10 babies to look at the camera all at once. Nonetheless... I think the pictures turned out super adorable. We had such a great time this weekend, and hope to be able to do again next year.
This past weekend we finally had our reunion now that all of us had are babies. Mei-Li had been the last one to join us, but she was welcomed just the same. We had a weekend on Amelia Island, Florida. And in regular red couch tradition, we decided to dress up the girls in similar outfits and take pictures on the beach during sunset. Originally we all planned on wearing white dresses for the girls and white and khaki for the adults. But two wonderful ladies provided green ladybug dresses which were just adorable, and white ribbon dresses. Kudos to Stephe & Kathy and many thanks. Now what on earth made us think we could get 10 babies to look at the camera all at once. Nonetheless... I think the pictures turned out super adorable. We had such a great time this weekend, and hope to be able to do again next year.
5 comments:
OMG! How cute is all that! I love the one of Mei-Li by herself in that white dress! All of those adorable China girls! I am SO jealous of the beach! But, SO glad you had fun!
It was an awesome reunion, wasn't it? I miss you all already !
Hugs,
Lori**
It was so nice to meet you finally. I felt as if I already knew you. You are just as sweet in person. ML is just adorable, she is our baby of the group!
How wonderful! What a great picture of all the girls!!!
The pictures are FANTASTIC! I lover all the kids dressed the same.
I wish our group were close, but they are not.
Post a Comment