August 26, 2009

August Happenings



So what have we been up to that we have not posted in a while. Well, it's been quite busy around here. We went to South Carolina in the middle of the month to visit Mikie who had been working with my Dad on a Museum Navy Ship . Coincidentally, Daddy needed to be in the same area for some additional training for 2 weeks. So Mommy and Mei-Li tagged along and bunked with Mikie for a week. South Carolina was beautiful, and we spent a lot and I mean A LOT of time in the outlet malls, and running around with Grandma who was also there. We drove up and back, and I have to say the trip back was quite challenging with Mei-Li, she ended up throwing up all over grandma in the back, and spent the last 2 hours of the trip on Mommy's lap. I know, I know, I shouldn't have taken her out of the car seat, but she was inconsolable and had gone to a place of no return if you know what I mean. Anyway we made it back safe and sound. Here are a few pics from the trip.
Mei-Li navigating to the next mall.

Just chilling outside of the hotel.
Family group shot before dinner.
Our home away from home.
Mei-Li glad to be back in her own crib.


4 comments:

Candy said...

I'm glad you made it home safely. Poor MeiLi. She must have been so upset. Do you think she got car sick?

Mike and Rhonda said...

Glad that you guys are home. I bet it was hard staying in a hotel room that long.

Rebecca said...

Okay, the one of her in the stroller could be Taryn I think! She is getting so big...love to see her smile!

Stephe said...

Wow, I can't believe how TALL Mei-Li is already!!!